The Institute is proud to offer a complete care for all types of neurological and spinal disorders under professionals who have been hand picked for this purpose. Specialists are highly trained and motivated to care for the emergency and routine cases like:
- Neuroendoscope (Storz)
- Stereotactic Frame (CRW)
- Intra-operative Neuro-monitoring System
- CUSA Excel (Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator)
- Integra software and workstation for Deep Brain Stimulation
- Trauma of Head and Spine
- Infections of Brain & Spine
- Childhood Neurological Diseases
- Brain and Spinal Tumours
- Microsurgery for Aneurysms, AVM, Tumours
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery
- Stereotactic Surgery with the unique facility of Functional Neurosurgery (Deep Brain Stimulation and Lesion Making) –in collaboration with Prof. Tipu Aziz (Oxford).
- Spinal Arthroplasty, all types of fusions for Spine, Pain Surgery with Spinal Cord Stimulation & Baclofen Pump for Pain & Spasticity
- Stroke Unit, with 24×7 emergency facilities for Thrombolysis, Carotid Invesigations and Interventions, Stroke Surgery
- Rapid access 24×7 Helpline for management of Stroke & Transient lschaemic Attacks
- Stroke Review & Prevention Clinics
- Specialist Multi-disciplinary Memory & Movement Disorder Clinics
- Multi-disciplinary Stroke & Neurological Rehabilitation & Management of Spasticity
- Specialised Neurological Acute Care for diseases like Epilepsy & Headache Clinic
- Neuroradiology with Interventions (Coiling for Aneurysms, Embolisation for AVM and Tumour before Surgery)
Multi-disciplinary approach for every patient with Complex Neurological & Spinal Disorders
Services at Medica Institute of Neurological Diseases
- Microdiscectomy (Lumbar, Cervical)
- All types of Spinal Surgery for fracture, Malignancy
- Microsurgery for Intradural & Intramedullary Tumours
- Corrective Surgery (All types of spinal & fixatives cervical through lumbar)
Deep Brain Stimulation
Deep Brain Stimulation and other functional procedures for pain, psychosis, will be performed at MIND, for the first time in eastern India. This programme will be supported by world renowned specialists from Oxford, UK. Deep Brain Stimulation will greatly benefit patients suffering from Parkinson’s Disease, uncontrolled tremor, Cervical Dystonia and some cases of spasticity.
Paediatric Neurosurgery Unit
The paediatric neurosurgery service will offer the latest and best standard of care for the critically ill newborn and children with Neurosurgical Diseases. The fully equipped unit will treat children with:
- Brain Tumour
- Vascular Malformation
- Congenital Malformation
- Brain & Spinal Injury
Medica Epilepsy Clinic
People with epilepsy are always at a risk of being overwhelmed by the sheer physical and emotional impact of uncontrolled seizures or the strong side effects from seizure medications. What is needed is expert all-round comprehensive & specialized epilepsy management instead of specific symptoms based treatment.
Medica’s Comprehensive Epilepsy Care Program (CECP) caters to the diagnosis, treatment, awareness and overall welfare of people with epilepsy through its advanced medical, surgical and neuro-psychological management of the disease. Under the supervision of well-known epistemologist Dr. Amit Halder and his specialized team, Medica Epilepsy Clinic offers diagnosis and delivery of advanced epilepsy care, with world class expertise and state-of-the-art tools and technology for treating all forms of epilepsy, including its most complex conditions.
Rush to Emergency, if…
- The person having a seizure stops breathing for longer than 30 seconds
- The seizure lasts longer than 3 minutes.
- More than one seizure occurs within 24 hours.
- The person having a seizure does not respond normally within 1 hour after the seizure