Your privacy protection is important to us and we strive to take due care and protection of the information, we receive from you. In this regard, we adhere to the various governing laws such as:
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 – Section 43A.
- The Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”).
The Policy sets out how we, Medica collect, use and disclose your Personal Information.
1. “Personal Information” means and includes any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with Medica, is capable of identifying such person (such as name, date of birth, gender, photographs, address, email address, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, government-authorised identity card information, financial and bank account details, health information or biometric information or any sensitive personal data or information as categorized under the SPDI Rules), whether true or not.
- What information we collect from you
- How we use that information
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We collect information to provide better services to you, and we may send this information to third party tools to improve our services, and to personalise your app experience. For the purposes of this Policy, “Services” shall specifically mean the services rendered by Medica.
We inter alia collect Personal, Clinical, Demographic information by way of following: –
- Patient/Caregiver/Doctor/Health Care Professional Name,
- Birth date/age,
- Address (including country and pin/postal code),
- Phone number/mobile number,
- Email address,
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition, provided by You and/or your Health Care Professional,
- Personal medical records and history,
- Valid financial information at time of purchase of product/service and/or online payment,
- Login ID and password,
- User details as provided at the time of registration or thereafter,
- Records of interaction with MSHK representatives,
- Your usage details such as time, frequency, duration and pattern of use, features used and the amount of storage used,
- Master and transaction data and other data stored in Your user account,
- Any other information that is willingly shared by You,
- Biometrics data,
- Genetic Data,
- Transgender Status,
- Caste or Tribe, and
- Religious or political belief or affiliation.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information.
We may collect, use and disclose the Personal Information received from you for the purposes listed below and under the section titled “Use of Personal Information” or any other related or associated purposes (“Purposes”): For the purposes of this policy the word “Platform” shall mean the mobile application and patient portal of Medica which is used by the patient and the word “Dependants” shall mean patient relatives and/or any other person authorized by patient in the admission form.
- Setting up your account with us and managing your use and access of the Platform.
- Sending you a one-time password to your mobile phone to verify your identity.
- Providing you and/or your Dependant with the services or function of the Platform.
- Enabling you and/or your Dependant and/or a Third Party to pay outstanding medical bills through the Platform.
- Obtaining feedback from you and/or your Dependant.
- Carrying out research, planning and statistical analysis to improve and personalise our Platform to you and/or your Dependant, and develop new products and services.
3. SHARING AND TRANSFERRING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You consent to us sharing your Personal Information with:
3.1 External third parties:
- We may share your Personal Information with our business partners and third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, including IT service providers, cloud service providers, data storage providers, professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, and companies that we use to serve you marketing or advertising online. We may further share Personal Information with third parties for sending SMS regarding admission information, diagnostic test result intimation, marketing and promo purposes. We may share your Personal Information to a third-party tool for analytics so that we can personalize your Platform experience.
- We may also share your Personal Information with third parties to comply with an order under the law for the time being in force; at the request of government authorities conducting an investigation; to verify or enforce our contractual rights or other applicable policies; to detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities; to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to the Platform, our business or the public.
- Social Media Platforms – Where you choose to interact with us through social media, your interaction with these programs typically allows the social media company to collect some information about you through digital cookies and other tracking mechanisms they place on your device. In some cases, the social media company may recognize you through its digital cookies even when you do not interact with their application. Please visit the social media companies’ respective privacy policies to better understand their data collection practices and the controls they make available to you.
3.2 Internal third parties:
We also share your Personal Information within Medica for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. For example, in case of any patients transfer across the unit the financial and medical data exchange exists in practice.
3.3 Sale or transfer to third parties:
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or merges with us, your Personal Information will be disclosed to such entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganisation proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information will be considered an asset of ours and as such it is possible, they will be sold or transferred to third parties.
4. SECURITY MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We take security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of data. These include secure socket layers, firewalls and encryption, internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
If we retain Personal Information on our systems, we restrict access to such Personal Information to employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our Website (for the purposes of this Policy, the term “Website” shall mean www.medicahospitals.in) and Services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination, if they fail to meet these obligations.
5. PAYMENT POLICY (TERMS & CONDITIONS)
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATION
You agree, understand and confirm that the credit card details provided by you for availing of services on www.medicahospitals.in will be correct and accurate and you shall not use the credit card which is not lawfully owned by you.
You further agree and undertake to provide the correct and valid credit card details to www.medicahospitals.in
The said information will not be utilized and shared by www.medicahospitals.in with any of the third parties unless required by law, regulation or court order.
- STOP PAYMENT REQUESTS
Medica cannot assist with a stop payment request for any Bill Payment scheduled using a Payment Account through credit card, in any such case; you must contact your provider. For the purposes of this policy, the word “Bill Payment” shall pertain to amount against which services has been rendered during the visit of patient in Medica and the word “Payment Account” shall mean the account of the person who is making the Bill Payment to Medica.
6. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be used or processed for various purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To provide effective Services;
- To operate and improve the Website and/or our Services;
- To perform studies, research and analysis for improving our information, analysis, services and technologies; and ensuring that the content displayed are customized to your interests and preferences;
- To contact you via phone, SMS, WhatsApp or email for appointments, technical issues, payment reminders, deals and offers and other announcements;
- To send promotional mailings from us or any of our channel partners via SMS, WhatsApp, email;
- To advertise products and services of Medica and third parties;
- To transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company;
- To share with our business partners for provision of specific services you have ordered so as to enable them to provide effective services to you;
- To administer or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us;
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- To aggregate Personal Information for research, statistical analysis and business intelligence purposes, and to sell or otherwise transfer such research, statistical or intelligence data in an aggregated or non-personally identifiable form to third parties and affiliates.
7. INFORMATION PROVIDER’S RIGHTS IN RELATION TO THEIR SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA OR INFORMATION
- You may write to us at email@example.com to access, review, modify or correct your sensitive personal data or information or withdraw your consent to provide sensitive personal data or information. However, we are not responsible for the authenticity of the sensitive personal data or information provided by you.
- You agree and acknowledge that certain data or information may not be corrected or is prohibited to be modified as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings. With respect to such data or information, the aforementioned rights will not be available.
- While we will endeavour to take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you and prevent unauthorized access, you acknowledge that the internet is not 100% secure and that we cannot provide any absolute assurance regarding the security of your Personal Information. We will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information caused by us in relation to your Personal Information.
- You agree not to give or make available your password or other means to access your account to any unauthorized individuals. You are responsible for all payments you authorize using the services at hospital website. If you permit other persons to use password or other means to access your account, you are responsible for any transaction they authorize.
9. CHANGES IN POLICY
10. THIRD PARTY REFERENCES AND LINKS
Medica does not access, store or keep credit card data. All credit card transactions happen using Secure Server Software (SSL) for 128 bit encryption through third party gateways and Medica plays no role in the transaction, except for directing the customers to gateways or relevant webpage. Accordingly, Medica shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage due to any disclosure whatsoever of Personal Information.
Medica shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by reason of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any Personal Information concerning the user’s account and / or information relating to or regarding online transactions using credit cards / debit cards /cash cards and / or their verification process and particulars nor for any error, omission or inaccuracy with respect to any information so disclosed and used.
Medica will use its best efforts to present all of your electronic communications. In addition to notification & acknowledgement after completion of transaction, details will be communicated to you.
13. Governing Law & Dispute Resolution
14. GRIEVANCE OFFICER
Your privacy is of utmost importance to us. We have appointed a Public Grievance Officer for any grievances and discrepancies with respect to our processing of your Personal Information. You may reach out to our Public Grievance officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on phone 033-66528529 or may visit to meet in person between Monday to Saturday between 9:00 A.M to 5:00 P.M (Lunch Break : 1:00 P.M – 1:30 P.M) and our officer will attempt to resolve your issues in a timely manner. The Grievance Cell is closed on Sunday & Other Holidays.