The third edition of Health Tech, an annual summit on the growing role of technology in healthcare delivery, was held on 21st and 22nd February 2020, at The Vivanta, Kolkata. The summit is a collaborative venture of Medica Hospitals and The Bengal Chamber of Commerce. The event brought together key stakeholders involved in different spheres of healthcare delivery – medical practitioners, IT professionals, academicians, technology providers, manufactures, etc. – on a common platform to discuss the new-age digital disruptions, which can be integrated with existing healthcare infrastructure.
Interesting discourses and panel discussions on the role of technology in healthcare featured stalwarts from the industry presenting their viewpoints. Some of these sessions involved the following topics:
- New-age technologies transforming the pharmaceutical industry
- How new tech will disrupt patient – Doctors’ dynamics
- Emerging technologies in healthcare delivery- Case Studies
- Technology enabling insurance to make healthcare affordable
- Leadless pacemaker: A new technology of slow heart rhythm therapy
The conference also witnessed the release of a Thought Paper on ‘A Technology Boost for Achieving Universal Health Protection’ by Knowledge partner PwC. Thought leaders and experts involved in healthcare also ideated strategies on how digital health technologies and tools can become a catalyst in bridging the healthcare divide.