For proper treatment, we need to diagnose the problem in time and start the treatment early under the supervision of a dedicated team of doctors specialised in treatment of patients with congenital and structural problems.
When do you suspect heart problem in your child?
- Not feeding well, getting tired early
- Breathing difficulty when running or playing
- Turns blue
- Repeated Respiratory tract Infections, specially if requires hospital admission
- Poor growth
- Doctor suspects without any apparent problem
If there is any doubt, immediately get in touch with a Paediatric Cardiologist and get proper evaluation for your kid. Just presence of heart disease in a baby does not mean that he will need surgery. Many heart diseases don’t need immediate treatment, some need regular follow-up to check for spontaneous improvement or any deterioration, some of them can be managed with medications and some babies will need early surgery or intervention. But it is very important to get early evaluation and regular follow-up to decide about the management plan and only a Paediatric Cardiologist can guide you properly.
Time is precious. Delay in diagnosis and treatment can often hamper the normal life of your kid, treatment may not have optimal result and sometimes delay can make his heart problem unsuitable for ideal treatment. The main growth of body and brain occurs in first two years of life…so any neglect at that vital period may leave a permanent scar in him.
Thankfully, most of these children can lead a normal and healthy life with timely intervention. So, we need to diagnose these problems early and treat them timely to help the little hearts beat healthy. Medica Superspecialty Hospital, a multispeciality tertiary care centre, is delighted to offer comprehensive Paediatric Cardiology Services under one roof. The Paediatric Cardiac Care Team comprising Paediatric Cardiologist, Paediatric Intensivist, Cardiac Surgeons, Anaesthetists and well trained paramedical staff is capable of handling any cardiac emergency. Availability of all major paediatric superspecialties, neonatal and paediatric intensive care support enable us to deliver world-class patient care.
Comprehensive Paediatric Cardiac Care
Treating structural heart problems without surgery is a fascinating field of technological advances. Paediatric Cardiac intervention is a well established area and many of the heart problems can now be resolved without opening the chest. Many of us know about angioplasty and, if possible, we prefer it over Bypass surgery.
But how many of us know that many holes in the heart can be closed by placing a plug like device in it! Many blocks in the heart valves can be opened by balloon dilation! All these are done without any scar on chest, without any
blood transfusion and with a very short stay in hospital.
Comprehensive Paediatric Cardiac Care
- Paediatric Cardiology consultation
- Paediatric Echocardiography
- Paediatric Stress Test / Tilt Table Test
- Management of Cardiac Emergencies
- Paediatric Cardiac Catherisation
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Paediatric Electrophysiology Study & RFA
- Foetal Echocardiography for pregnant ladies
- Paediatric ECG/24 hour Holter Monitoring
- Paediatric Cardiac Intervention (Keyhole surgery)
Paediatric Cardiology Procedures
- Diagnostic Catheterisation
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- PDA Device Closure
- ASD Device Closure
- VSD Device Closure
- Stenting of coarctation of Aorta
- Neonatal intervention
- Balloon atrial septostomy
- Transcatheter intervention (keyhole surgery)
- Balloon dilatation of severe aortic and pulmonary block
Paediatric Cardiac Surgery Procedures
- PDA Ligation
- Coarctation Repair
- BT Shunt
- Glenn Shunt
- ASD Closure
- VSD Closure
- TOF Repair
- Fontan’s Operation
- Rastelli Procedure
- Arterial Switch Operation